What's new
Apple iPad Forum šŸŽ

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Connection-

SPROINGY

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, as some of you may know, Iā€™ve been hacked- for about the last 10 months...

Iā€™ve been working on this iPad problem 5~7 hours *daily,* I canā€™t beat it, seems nobody can.

Iā€™ve decided set up my own personal connection between my iPad and the ā€˜Net.

Iā€™m retired, traveling around the tropics, usually staying in lower-end hotels with lower end WiFi connections... some good some not so good.

But I want to do it right- no more hacking!

Iā€™ve read a bit about it-

So, Iā€™ll need an iPad, a router (which one would be ideal for an iPad?), a *modem! iPadā€™s have modems??, a couple of Ethernet cables, and a deal with an ISP.

Have I missed anything? If anybody has a link about setting up an iPad-ā€˜Net connection securely, Iā€™d love to read it (yeah, thereā€™s lots online),

Importantly, I want my new connection to keep from being hacked again!

Most reactions

Latest posts