What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Networking Question

redsoxshamrocks

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm brand new to the board, so first of all hello! I've had my iPad 2 for just under a week, and I love it, but I'm really in desperate need of some networking help.

I'm trying to set up my iPad to view my Macbook Pro using Screens remotely (not from within my wireless network), as well as strem my music and movies using StreamToMe. I have been able to get both of these services to work on my iPhone over 3G when I hook my MBP directly into my DSL modem because my MBP is connected at the gateway.

However, my MBP typically is connected wirelessly to the internet through a Linksys WRT310N wireless router. I've checked, and the gateway IP remains the same, it's just as if my iPad and iPhone cannot "see" past the gateway, through the router to my MBP remotely.

Can anyone please tell me what settings I need to set up on my router, modem, or iPhone/iPad to get this to work correctly? I have an Actiontec DSL modem, and my router is set up in DHCP (not PPPoE). If you need further details I would be more than happy to give them.

I apologize if I'm asking this in the wrong forum, but your help is greatly appreciated!

-Rob

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum - absolutely this is the right place to ask the question. The Forum is a world-wide community of iPad enthusiasts, so I'm sure you'll soon receive answers to your question - probably too many! But, given the time zone issue, you might have to wait a few hours.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts