New Canalys Report Indicates iOS Apps Actually Cheaper to Buy than Android Apps

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by dgstorm, Feb 24, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +88 / 0
    [​IMG]

A new report from the marketing research firm, Canalys, shares some interesting news. Their report indicates that the top paid-for Android apps were priced “dramatically higher†than those on iOS for the iPhone. In fact, apps on Android reportedly cost two and a half times higher than they do on iOS. Their survey indicated that 82 of the top 100 paid apps in Apple’s App Store were priced at just $0.99, compared to only 22 in the Android Market. Here's their full press release with even more details on their study,

Hmmm... it looks like Apple just handles the App Store more efficiently.

Source: BGR

2. mikespe

mikespe iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I completely disagree wit this claim! Appstore apps are MUCH higher than Android Market apps...Sometimes even the SAME app is cheaper in the Market than it is in the Appstore. I am basing my claim on the more popular apps...like Angry Birds, Tweetcaster, Docs to Go, and a few others....

Now this part is my assumption...I believe that appstore apps cost more because most people who own an iPad tend to make more money (since iPads cost $200+ more than most Android tablets...)...so I'm assuming that App developers for iOS charge a bit more for their apps because of the iPad's general audience...