What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Apple iPad ships now from 3 to 5 days

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
ipad-shipping-3-5-days.jpg

If you haven’t acquired a next generation iPad yet, now it is the perfect time to do so. Apple has improved its delivery system and as from this week, new iPads will ship faster, thus arriving at their destination within 3-5 business days. The new standards apply for the United States, Canada and Mexico.

This is encouraging news, especially since CEO Tim Cook himself had to admit that the company has been experiencing supply shortages, at the Apple quarterly earnings call in March. Basically, this means that the company is actually shipping every single item it receives from suppliers.

Since it has first launched on the market, the new iPad experienced annoying shipping delays, but now, Apple has finally managed to fix this issue. Nevertheless, international shipping times have not enjoyed the same treatment and are still hanging at around 1-2 weeks.

The demand for the new iPad remains huge. Apple managed to pull off the record of selling over 3 million new iPads in just three days following the official launch in March. Back then, customers were tripping over each other to pre-order the device, almost knocking out the Apple website. The delivery times were then set to 2-3 weeks as the Cupertino company struggled to maintain a steady stock in order to meet the demand in the 10 initial countries the tablet was first launched.

Slowly but steadily, Apple bounces back again, and in a month managed to reduce the waiting period for its US customers.

By Radu

Source: Shipping times for Apple's new iPad improve to 3-5 days

bloggeraldwin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 3

I juz got mine iPad 3 (32GB white) yesterday at an Apple store. I waited near the store for an hour(from 12pm to 1pm) on 4/42012 for the new shipment and had a great screen protector fixed on it :)

Most reactions

Latest posts