1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

New and need answers/help with Work/Office apps

Discussion in 'iWork Forum' started by BCastillBOE, Jun 23, 2011.

1. BCastillBOE

BCastillBOE iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I need to purchase an app for the ipads that i just received for my agency, over 200 ipads to be exact. I have a few requirements though that i need to have on an app that can view word, excel, and powerpoint documents. My goal also is what is the best at taking notes during meeting, review boards etc. I need to open & edit as well. Lastly, saves as not just pdf but as word, excel, and powerpoint as well. Do you know of any app that can do this?

It seems I am not in charge of what will be bought statewide, Please help!

Brandon
  2. DM51

DM51 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Welcome to IPF, BCastillBOE :)

I'm moving your question to the iWork Forum, as the programs/apps discussed in that section will most closely fit your requirements.

I hope other members will chip in with advice.
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  3. Geozyg

Geozyg iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Personally I use quick office because it works well with cloud storage like dropbox etc.
    My biggest issue for notes, docs etc on the move is the iPad does not have a centralised filing system so it is a pain to move files around. So my answer was to push/pull to dropbox especially as you can then collaborate or share documents easily.

I wouldnt get too hopeful about creating elaborate PPT docs or pivot table spread sheets.
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,985 / 1