What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Microsoft office apps for Ipad

bongpb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to read and edit Microsoft office software like words , excel and PowerPoint. Which is the best apps to download. Also I want to use iPad for PowerPoint presentation on my 42" TV can the apps support ? Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of our members carried out a survey of Office apps for his company; you can see his conclusions in this thread...

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html

Another comparison was undertaken here....

http://www.ipadforums.net/iwork-forum/36629-office-app-comparison.html

The Apple iWorks Office suite for the iPad has a set of useful Help pages that show their capabilities here...

Pages is Word compatible and can read .doc and .docx files and save in .doc and .pdf

Keynote is PowerPoint compatible and can read .ppt and .pptx files and save in .ppt and .pdf

Numbers is Excel compatible and can read .xls and .xlsx files and save in .xls and .pdf

Apple - Support - iOS Apps - Welcome

Tim

SouthernDad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Check out Pages, Numbers and Keynote. Worth the $10 each. I've had them so long that I've truly forgot how I dealt with Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents before I had them.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
For 1/2 the cost of the iWorks (Pages/Numbers/Keynote) there is Documents To Go Premium which offers direct access to Dropbox within the app and it supports Excel, Word, PPT and many other formats including PDF and many image formats. Docs2Go Premium is $16. It has also been around supporting Office Doc Formats since the Palm Pilot days.

Most reactions

Latest posts