What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Network Passwork

lnroberts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just joined in hopes that you can help me get out of jail. Evidently I have locked myself out of my network connection - I now have to enter a password to join my home network - I cannot get my IPad to connect with my network without it - asks for a password that is completely unknown to me - I have never used a password for this before - don't know how this happened. Of course, the IPad is completely useless to me without the network - can anyone help?????????

Starwars5000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, you're saying that your network doesnt have a password. First of all, I'd reccomend getting a password. Are you sure you're trying to connect to the right network? And how the heck would you get locked out of a network? I suppose just hook your computer up to the router and reconfigure it... But then you'd need to know your router's IP... This probably wasn't much help. Sorry, I need more details to really figure this out.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You will need to go to your router via web interface on a PC or Mac already on your network. Have a look at your router it may have on it the default IP address required for access. After that you need to log into the router with your admin username and password and check your wifi security settings. It may tell you what your wifi "password" is or you may have to reset it. If you reset it, you will also need to update any of your computer's wifi login as well.

Yes, some sort of security is very important on your wifi router otherwise any of your neighbors or passersby can access your network and the Internet via an open wifi router.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Most routers have a recessed reset button on the back of them.....
Get your router's manual and then reset it to factory defaults and start from scratch setting it up.

I recommend setting a password on your router......but write it down this time. :p

Most reactions

Latest posts