1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Inability to connect to network

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by rocky63, Dec 15, 2012.

1. rocky63

rocky63 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My wife's iPad has used our home network for over a year. Suddenly the iPad will not connect to it. My iPad and our iMac both connect without issue, as they always have, to the same network. I have tried "forget this network" and then re-join network, giving the password, which works with no problem. However, the iPad never ceases searching for the network and does not connect.
    Assistance or suggestions appreciated.
  2. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +829 / 0
    Even though other devices are connecting OK, I would start by rebooting the router.

Leave it off for about 10 minutes, then give it another try.

Let us know if it doesn't work so we can try some other stuff.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
    • Like Like x 1
  3. rocky63

rocky63 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm blushing. Shortly after I posted my request for help I told my wife I had done so. She (with NO claim to technical know-how) said "what if you reboot the router"? So I did. And the problem went away. I rushed back to see if there had been a reply to my request, and there was yours -- suggesting I reboot the router.

Blush.

Thank You
  4. KevinJS

KevinJS Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +829 / 0
    No problem. It's not immediately obvious, particularly if other devices are working OK, but it's one of the things I try if something is acting up. Glad it worked.

Sent from my iPad using iPF