Need more space

Discussion in 'iPad Air 2 Forum' started by brixtonboy, Oct 10, 2018.

1. brixtonboy

brixtonboy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Removed a lot of music got some space back, some apps helped.
    I only have 16 16GB's sadly it gets burnt quickly.
    3.87 GB's is used up by documents and data, can you explain what that might be. And how l can free some of it if it's not needed any longer.
    Thanks in Advance B.B.

2. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Documents and data can be from any of the apps on your iPhone. This would include stored messages and emails and anything downloaded in an app.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. brixtonboy

brixtonboy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Under General in phone settings-iPhone storage l found the list of all my apps. With the options and data amounts. I was able to remove some more and remove and reinstall some clearing the data. I realise l saved not much but every bit helps. Thanks

4. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hi BB - please clarify which iDevice you are talking about, i.e. you've posted in the iPad Air 2 forum and then discussion has migrated to iPhone storage (of course, both are using the same iOS) - but for those reading your thread, would be nice to know which device you are concerned about?

Now, I'm assuming that you have an Air 2 w/ only 16 GB of storage - correct? If so, then you realize that you should have bought more storage from the start (I have the Air 2 w/ 64 GB realizing that 16 GB would be a poor choice except to save $$) - you are unlikely to solve your storage issues w/ such a measly amount of GBs - I would suggest considering a new iPad or a 'used' one w/ more storage - just my feeling. Dave :)

5. brixtonboy

brixtonboy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Thank you for your wonderful suggestion but l have no intention of buying a new iPhone. My usage on my iPhone very minimal now. I will wait until it breaks.
    From my work on the iPad yesterday cleaning up l now have 5 GB's free. Thanks to the suggestions from scifan. I'm safe with this one for a while l believe.
    And l am not as RICH as you. My iPad was a Christmas Present. I did not get a choice.
    Thank you.

6. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hi BB - first, glad that you're recovering some storage. Second, my comment about upgrading from 16 GB was certainly not meant to elicit the responses above, just a thought if w/i your budget or that of others who may be having the same issue(s). So, sorry if you were offended, just my opinion. Dave :)