What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Help With Photos App

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently installed the Photoalbums+ for ipad tweak on cydia...been using it all morning making new albums and transferring pics. all of a sudden my photos app crashed. I tried to open it back up and nothing shows then it crashes again. I tried respringing and rebooting with no luck. All the pics and albums are accessible via 3rd party apps that access the photo Iibrary (PS Express and such). Does anyone have any idea on how I can get the photos app working again?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Munky said:
I recently installed the Photoalbums+ for ipad tweak on cydia...been using it all morning making new albums and transferring pics. all of a sudden my photos app crashed. I tried to open it back up and nothing shows then it crashes again. I tried respringing and rebooting with no luck. All the pics and albums are accessible via 3rd party apps that access the photo Iibrary (PS Express and such). Does anyone have any idea on how I can get the photos app working again?

Apple has gotten smarter and has been working on protecting their apps from jailbreak. If you mess too much with the apps, they will crash and die. I was changing pics in safari with ifile, and after changing a couple pics, it crashed and never worked again. I had to restore. I assume your problem is similar.

OP
Munky

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The photos app doesnt handle gifs or bmps does it...a few of those were mixed in a couple of the later folders i transferred then that seemed thats when i started having problems.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Munky said:
The photos app doesnt handle gifs or bmps does it...a few of those were mixed in a couple of the later folders i transferred then that seemed thats when i started having problems.

I think it does gif, I don't know about bimp though.

Carnut

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Contact author, there are upgrades to stop the crashing available.

Most reactions

Latest posts