What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with "home" IPad Karaoke setup

rockmeister

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I am new to this forum and tried searching for answers without success...

I would like to use my IPad as a karaoke machine and/or sing over an existing audio video.

Ability to play various audio video sources
===============================
(1) Ability to play Video (and just audio) from my ITunes server
(2) Ability to play Youtube videos (there are some karaoke videos with sing along capabilities
(3) Ability to play (non Flash of course) videos (with bouncing balls) from other websites. BTW, Is there any utility to capture flash audio/video as m4v files? I have one karaoke website that serves the audio and the video (with bouncing balls) as Flash.

Ability to connect a microphone
========================
(1) Ability to have an external microphone - Based on this blog post, Altought it say ***iPhone*** XLR micrphone and 1/8 inch headphone adapter, i think it should work for IPad too. Please let me know if this is in correct.

Ability to record and play through the receiver/speakers
===========================================
The voice coming through the microphone needs to be "mixed" with a mixer and I should be able to take the audio "out" using the headphone jack and plug it into the home receiver and play it through the speakers. Also, I need to be able to "record" the output so that I can do a "playback" to hear how horrible I sound!

Any ideas on how to go about making this work?
Thanks
rockmeister

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi. Cant answr all your questions, but can tell you that there are a number of video player apps which will play FLV files (the file format you get when you download a YouTube video). I like a good singalong, so sometimes download those YouTube vids which someone's added the lyrics to, then copy them across to my iPad. The best video playing app I've found is VLC - its free and open source, supported by a very active community and plays most file types. BuzzPlayer is also quite good.

lcohn27

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Home Ipad Karaoke Setup

Were you ever able to create a good setup for Karaoke. I would like to do something similar with 2 external mics, and play through a boombox or stereo.

moseby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Google TEDINC comparative Audio, quick info from them.

Comparative Audio is perfect for Karaoke. The ability to playback the music, read the lyrics and record yourself singing along makes Comparative Audio the most sought after Karaoke recorder available.

Start playing the song and hit Speak to record yourself. You can listen to your recording at anytime. Just grab the slider and move to any location of the song and press play to listen to your recording. If you don't like it, record it again. You can re-record any section. Just tap the Speak button to start recording and then tap again to stop recording. When listening to your recording use the Bookmark to set positions that you would like to go back to and record over again. You can set as many bookmarks as you need.

You can also upload and download files via free FTP

karaoke iPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe you should look at UNIFY Karaoke iPad

10" Multi-Touch LCD with Win7 OS
320 to 1000G song storage
Support all kinds of karaoke formats
Up to 1000GB build in dvd/mp4 karaoke songs
Order songs with index, title, singer, char number, language ...
If you are really like karaoke, I feel you should go for a professional karaoke solution...

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
karaoke iPad said:
If you are really like karaoke, I feel you should go for a professional karaoke solution...

Is this an iPad app or a windows program? I enjoy karaoke too but am finding the PC solutions expensive for my needs. The iPad a Glee Karaoke is a fun little stopgap.

mayito7777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've noticed that my Wifi has to be on and not the 4g or it will not sync.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Is this an iPad app or a windows program? I enjoy karaoke too but am finding the PC solutions expensive for my needs. The iPad a Glee Karaoke is a fun little stopgap.

A $750 solution for karaoke?

Most reactions

Latest posts