What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need buying advice on Apple Air 2

kight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am faced with buying a new iPad Air 2 to replace my iPad 1 because of it's dead battery. I would have to guess that even the Apple Store would not be able to salvage any of my original data because of the dead battery and that it's simply a matter of finding the best price online? No need to have the Apple Store do any setup with the new Air 2? Correct? THANKS !!!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Am faced with buying a new iPad Air 2 to replace my iPad 1 because of it's dead battery. I would have to guess that even the Apple Store would not be able to salvage any of my original data because of the dead battery and that it's simply a matter of finding the best price online? No need to have the Apple Store do any setup with the new Air 2? Correct? THANKS !!!

Hello Kight and welcome to the forum! :) Apple will charge you $100 for a battery replacement 'out of warranty' (Source) - for a lesser cost, you can visit iFixit and search for a repair manual if willing to do a DIY job which would cost less but may be beyond your experience and skills - don't know?

I'm assuming that you do not have a backup on iTunes on a computer and/or to iCloud - correct? If not, then your iPad 1 would have to be 'revived' in some fashion to retrieve your data. My suggestion would be to invest in a much newer iPad model which you can setup yourself - here's one of many Apple Support Articles. Now, the question is 'how important' is the information on your old iPad - might impact on your decision? Dave :)

06Honda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPAD 1st Generation is not charging anymore either, will be purchasing a new one shortly. The iPAD Pro is a little to big so and the mini to small so pretty easy to determine what to buy (iPAD Air).

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My iPAD 1st Generation is not charging anymore either, will be purchasing a new one shortly. The iPAD Pro is a little to big so and the mini to small so pretty easy to determine what to buy (iPAD Air).
The iPad Air 3 is expected to be announced in a couple of months. If you can wait that long, you'll be able to get the latest in regular size iPads.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Totally agree with Scifan-hold off on buying if you can. There's been numerous "announcements" that report that the iPad Air 3 will be coming out in March. If you're in the market to get one, get the latest and greatest! ...at least that's what I would do. Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts