What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a download manager comparable to IDM

akkib89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have been searching for a great dowload manager for iOs and even tried 10-15 of them but all were useless. I need to download 2-3 gb movies for storing in my ipad and hence a good download manager would be a boon? Any advices?

OP
akkib89

akkib89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
akkib89 said:
Have been searching for a great dowload manager for iOs and even tried 10-15 of them but all were useless. I need to download 2-3 gb movies for storing in my ipad and hence a good download manager would be a boon? Any advices?

Do non of the members use an ipad as a downloader? I have 64 gb ipad2 and have tons of space to use for videos, lectures and movies. Also, can anyone advise me whether to go for avplayer hd or buzzplayer? Basically I'll be watching 720 p mkv and divx videos stored in my ipad as well as my seagate 500 gb satellite hard drive. Please advise?

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
akkib89 said:
Do non of the members use an ipad as a downloader? I have 64 gb ipad2 and have tons of space to use for videos, lectures and movies. Also, can anyone advise me whether to go for avplayer hd or buzzplayer? Basically I'll be watching 720 p mkv and divx videos stored in my ipad as well as my seagate 500 gb satellite hard drive. Please advise?

No, I do not use a downloaded, so cannot comment. Probably one reason you've had no responses, the other is you need to give people time to find and read your thread. We're from all over the world, it does take time for threads to be read and responded to. BTW, forum rules say you cannot bump your thread until at least 48 hours have past.

Back to topic, I've heard more about AVPlayerHD than Buzzplayer. I would be using AVPlayerHD if I didn't have OPlayerHD. They should both work solidly with the formats you suggest.

In regards to downloads, I generally download to PC then sync to iPad or put on the portable drive. If you're using the Seagate, it will be much easier to manage the files via PC.

OP
akkib89

akkib89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
No, I do not use a downloaded, so cannot comment. Probably one reason you've had no responses, the other is you need to give people time to find and read your thread. We're from all over the world, it does take time for threads to be read and responded to. BTW, forum rules say you cannot bump your thread until at least 48 hours have past.

Back to topic, I've heard more about AVPlayerHD than Buzzplayer. I would be using AVPlayerHD if I didn't have OPlayerHD. They should both work solidly with the formats you suggest.

In regards to downloads, I generally download to PC then sync to iPad or put on the portable drive. If you're using the Seagate, it will be much easier to manage the files via PC.

Thanks for the advice dhewson777. Next time "definitely more patience" from my side. And yes, I do like downloading a lot. It doesn't mean I don't download to pc. But portability factor and on the go downloading can be one of the greatest advantages for iPad as it has 4g capabilities. I use ethernet for my pc which is just too fast compared to mobile internet; still love downloading to ipad

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts