What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Download managers

seikooc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all!

Just looking for some advice in the best download manager For the iPad... I've used Download manager lite, but it doesn't meet my needs, which are the following:

- be able to download, open and unzip .zip .rar files
- to navigate a user friendly browser for said downloading
- be able to open, play avi. .mp3 .wav (other sound and video files)downloaded files OR transfer/convert files to be opened
- to cue multiple files

I had a search on the forums and many people mention Safari Download Manager.. Is that just for jail broken iPads as mine is not... I've tried Atomic and download manager lite, as mentioned, but that isiy.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

Seikooc

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Take a look at GoodReader, the "Swiss Army Knife" of App Store apps. It's available for $4.99 (USD). You can use .zip files with it, upload stuff to Dropbox, open most, if not all the files you mentioned and keep everything nice and neat in folders. Oh, and it has its own browser to get "stuff." Plus, it has the "Open In..." function, where you can open files in another app, should you need to.

GoodReader is a very versatile app - maybe it'll do what you need/want? Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
seikooc

seikooc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll give it a go

seikooc

Most reactions