What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My name is Heinz I am 86 old.

renatetn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My name is Heinz I like to understand how this forum works. As of right now it is very confusing and I hope someone can help me to get started.
My first main question is the following: I need to update my iOS. I can not do it because I don't have inough space
Without deleting some apps. The iMovie takes up most of the space. Can I delete it until I have the update done and than get it back ?? Or would I have to pay for it again ?.
Keep in mind that I am almost 87 and not to swift with computer operations. I love my ipad2 being up to date.
Thanks for helping
Heinz

Nakedbabytoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Once you buy an app, you own it and can redownload the same version again whenever you need(just to be sure, can you backup your iPad to your computer first, so it transfers a record of your purchasing that app in another iTunes besides your iPad?). Just hook up your iPad to your computer and right click on the iPad under the devices window pane(left hand side in grey on iTunes source list). Choose "transfer purchases" and after that is done, choose "backup". Then go ahead & take your iPad off the cord, delete the app, and update your device.
After the iPad is updated, you can either go into the App Store and search for the app and see if it has a price listed or if it says "install", that would mean you don't need to hook it up to reload the app for free. If the app has a price on it, you'll need to hook the iPad back up to your computer and then select the app with a check mark in your iTunes app list(purchased) and have it load that way. BUT you shouldn't need to do this, your app should transfer over as purchased previously via the cloud, you should just need to reinstall.

Shorthand: no, you should be able to just delete and reinstall without repurchase.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Often it's not the app itself, but the files attached to that app, which take the most space. (I don't know about your apps.) So before you delete, make sure you have your stuff backed up beforehand, unless it's stuff you don't mind losing.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Heinz and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help...shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

OP
R

renatetn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After 4weeks I stumpeled into the answers to my opening statement. Thanks to Nakedbabytoes, kaykaykay and leelai(administrator) the reason for the delay is simply because I don't know how to get around what and where to click the right forum buttons. Remember my 86
Because of your answers I resolved the stated problem. If I would know how to find the right place to ask another question I would ask.
Again can someone tell me how ? Please help me to understand.
Grateful Heinz

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
renatetn said:
After 4weeks I stumpeled into the answers to my opening statement. Thanks to Nakedbabytoes, kaykaykay and leelai(administrator) the reason for the delay is simply because I don't know how to get around what and where to click the right forum buttons. Remember my 86
Because of your answers I resolved the stated problem. If I would know how to find the right place to ask another question I would ask.
Again can someone tell me how ? Please help me to understand.
Grateful Heinz

Hi Heinz

Glad you have sorted your issue now. I would recommend the app to use as it is much simpler....you will find a link to it above in my previous post. Now when on the app you will see a lot of tabs long the bottom. Forums is where you will find all our different sub forums, Current are all our newest posts that members are making. I'll explain subscribed below.

If you would like to post a question for help, press the Forums Tab, this will load and give you other options, press iPad discussions and you will see most of our sub forums here. You will see the Help section or any any other section your interested in. Once in the Forum of your choice, just press the tab top right (the arrow thingy) press this and it will load with some choices one of which is New Thread. You will need to have a title for your question and do try to be specific with it. Type your post and you will see a Send tab top right. Once you have posted in a thread or made a new thread of your own you will be automatically subscribed to it and when someone else posts in this thread you will get a notification in the form of a small red number above your Subscribed tab which you will find along the bottom also. So any threads you have posted in can be found through this tab.

If you are in a thread which you would like to follow just press the tab top right and you will see a Subscribe to this thread option, just press this and you will be given an option to have an email sent to you when someone does post in this thread. This thread will also go into your Subscribed tab for easy finding. Once you have some threads in your subscribed tab you will notice a number on the right for each thread, this signifies the number of posts in each thread but this will light up and be a purple colour when there is a new post for you to see.

I hope this helps you and I will also attach another link here. Like anything new, it just takes a bit of time to get used to how it all works....don't worry, we will get you there!
http://www.ipadforums.net/new-membe...-creating-posts-starting-new-threads-how.html

Most reactions

Latest posts