1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

My MacBook Pro stopped recognizing my iPad

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Winthropken, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Winthropken

Winthropken iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Shortly after iOS 5 was released I downloaded it and set up my iPad without at catch, synced the two devices and backed up the iPad. Everything was working fine. A few days later I purchased a new iPod Touch, since iOS 5 would not run on my old Touch. I then followed the procedures with iTunes and all worked just fine. Since doing that I have been unable to sync with my MacBook either through the WiFi direct route or through the old way of hooking up with iTunes via UBS. When ever I try to use the USB route to iTunes to sync my iPad the good old beach ball starts to spin and does not stop until I Force Quit iTunes. When I try using the WiFi Sync directly on the iPad, there is a message that my MacBook Pro cannot be found.

Works great with the iPod Touch - Why doesn't it work with the iPad? As far as I can tell both devices use the same settings. Any suggestions will be welcome.

Charleymoose

Sent from my iPad using iPF