My Ipad syncd my calender wirelessly???

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by LAC_STS, May 13, 2010.

1. LAC_STS

LAC_STS
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I dont know if this is weird or something I just dont know about but last night I set about five or six events on the calender of my ipad because it doesn't have an alarm and its louder than my Iphone and I had to get up early.

This morning my Iphone started going off about two hours after all my alarms on my Ipad went off. When I looked at it it was the same ones I set for my Ipad but they were all moved a couple hours later.

I had set the Ipad ones to between 8AM to 10:10AM. On my Iphone they were at 11AM to 1:10 AM.

They are the same alarms and I have not hooked neither my Ipad or my Iphone up to any computer since I set them.

Is this something I dont know about that is supposed to happen? And if so why are the times different.

Here are some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    do you use mobile me or any other cloub based exchange? I have my google calendar synced thru exchange so if I make a change on my ipad it reflects on my mac, my phone, and my google calendar.

3. LAC_STS

LAC_STS
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

Yes I have Mobile Me. I didnt know it would sync my calender like that though.

Have any idea why the times are different? I checked and the time on my Ipad and the time on my Iphone are exactly the same.

Thanks

4. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    That I don't know.

Is the timezone set differently on your phone? Or maybe your phone is from one time zone and you live in another? My phone is from FL and I live in CA...so I will get text messages from the future all the time.

5. NumbLock

NumbLock
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    I travel a lot internationally and it is the time zones probably. Also Microsoft Exchange server will sync automatically.

6. LAC_STS

LAC_STS
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

Nope both eastern time zone and they are set to the same time. I just checked and all time settings are the same.

Wierd

7. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Google uses Exchange...it's awesome. My contacts and calendar sync of seamlessly! I can't wait for Verizon iPhone!

8. CaptKirk

CaptKirk
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:

You can't setup your mobleme syncing preference at me.com. Your contacts are more than likely synching as well

9. kravdog

kravdog
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Well, news came out yesterday that AT&T has exclusivity on the iPhone until 2012... So, it looks like we will be waiting for a while!

10. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Well the good thing is AT&T and verizon will be on the same network (LTE) before then...which means you will be able to use an unlocked iPhone on verizon, whether AT&T likes it or not!