What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App icons not showing on iPad

loddiedoddie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Pandora App installed on my iPad, or at least I did. It does not show up on the iPad, but according to iTunes it is installed. I unclicked Pandora in iTunes and then re-synced my iPad. I then reinstalled it. It still does not show up. This is happening with several apps. I also just restored my iPad and it did not fix the problem.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get this from time to time, you can find it if you scroll all the way to the left to the search. But check the app folders first, check the app icon hasn't changed as they can do when updated. Check you don't have too many apps. When it happens to me it's usually when I download a few apps one after each other, one goes missing and I have always sorted it by doing a quick reset holding down the top right power button and the home button and keep it held until the apple logo appears on the screen, it may take a while to come back on but it will. Then your app should be there. Try this and let me know how you get on.

OP
L

loddiedoddie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It did not work. I had previously tried to search for it and couldn't find it. Just did it again after the reset you suggested and they are still not there.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you find them when you go left to the search box on home screen? Type it in as the app name not the iTunes name.

OP
L

loddiedoddie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, they do not show up when I go left to the search box from the home screen. When I go to the App Store from the iPad, I can't reinstall it because it says it is already installed. When I plug the iPad into the computer, iTunes tells me it is there and even shows the icon on the iPad screen that displays through iTunes. It would seem the app icons are just hidden, but if that were the case I would think I would be able to find them through the search on the iPad. This is very frustrating.

OP
L

loddiedoddie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have heard of jailbreak, but don't really know what it is. And I don't know what app hider is either.

I just deleted Pandora from iTunes completely; even emptied the recycle bin. Then I re-synced the iPad and then reset it as you told me before (after disconnecting from the computer). From the iPad I then went into the App store and tried to reinstall Pandora. The "Install" button is grayed out and I cannot click on it to install it.

therealriley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did you do it under the purchased section?
I know it sounds tedious but I would go through all the apps check the folders too, you can fill the folders up a bit too much. Move all the full folders to the top of the screen by holding the app till it wiggles then moving the folder. Then turn the iPad portrait orientation so the folders have more room to show more apps. (I noticed I lost an app like this before that's why I mention it). I'm running out of answers though.
Check your space available left on your iPad. Check when you synced that the app Is ticked to be synced. Let me know how you get on.

Most reactions

Latest posts