1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

My iPad frozen on Gmail draft message. Can't use any mail account.

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Poplas, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Poplas

Poplas iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My iPad frozen on Gmail draft message. Can't use any mail account. If anyone knows the way around this, please help.
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,743 / 0
    Your best bet is to try the old standard - fully close the app and then restart or reset the iPad (or both). To do (apologies if you know how):

Close an App: Double tap the Home button (or do a 4-finger swipe up) to reveal a row of icons in the multi-tasking bar. Press and hold an icon until they all start to wiggle and you see a red circle with a minus sign ("-") in the top left. Press the minus sign to fully close the app. Don't worry, it won't remove the app from your iPad, just from the iPad's resident memory.

Then...

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, try this last step...

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

This helps in a vast majority of cases. Hopefully, it helps you. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn
  3. Poplas

Poplas iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Thanks Mickey, the Reset option worked.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,743 / 0
    Oh, good. Glad it helped. And - thanks for coming back and telling us the offered solution worked and that you are now up and running. Always good to get status updates, especially if they are positive. :)

Marilyn