What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad continually crashes

Boccaccio70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am crashing during gmail use, USA and CNN, HBO+, et al. I read a forum post about a grandmother having same problem, and followed the directions to fix....but one problem: I am only 44, a 24 year Mac power user, and I'm experiencing the same problems
i have tried to press and hold down the power button, waiting for the gear turning, so I may continue , but nothing happens. I deleted almost every non essential app, but I still crash out 3-6 times per hour. Getting very frustrated. Running latest 4.3 software. Any ideas out there in smart land?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"waiting for the gear turning". Not sure what that means, but hold the power button and home button until the Apple logo appears.

About 10 sec sometimes. Let it reboot.

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"waiting for the gear turning". Not sure what that means, but hold the power button and home button until the Apple logo appears.

About 10 sec sometimes. Let it reboot.

I think he means the download icon turning,it does look like a small gear,or as some say cog-wheel.

Al.

OP
B

Boccaccio70

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, folks. I was actually holding down the round button on the front, not the rocker button on the side. Once i realized this mistake, It did go thru the rotating gear/slider off/black screen-white apple sequence. I will report back to see if this clears up my issues. I appreciate all of your prompt replies.
Mark

Most reactions

Latest posts