What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

since iOS 7.1 upgrade continues crash and reboot of ipad air !!!

marmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in big trouble, since I updated my ipad air 128GB to iOS 7.1 I have a continues crash and reboot, I cant use at all the top search bar, I cant rename a folder newly created, and some other occasions it imemdiatelly reboots, even if left alone I notice it rebooting !!!

I already tried DFU and restore from PC itunes backup and also restore from icloud no differece

I do notice if I leave it just after DFU as newly installed ipad it seams stable !! but I want all my apps !

I think problem is iOS 7.1 doesnt manage more than 1000 apps installed !!!

any of you have same problem? any suggestions what can I try ?

thanks so much

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Your backup may be corrupted but you can restore it without using a backup and then download your apps manually......the App Store does take note of any apps you have already downloaded and you will be able to download them again for free. You will notice a cloud with an arrow on them in the App Store.

Save any other documents or data you may have.....this can be emailed to yourself or use Dropbox.

The number of apps you have shouldn't make a difference.

OP
marmagi

marmagi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
first of all thanks so much for your kindness
music, photos, documents are already sames in separate folders in the pc i dont think will be lost
what about settings of the ipad luke email accounts I have to manually reenter them ?
and most of all how will I remember all the apps I have to reinstall? all the folders I had created ? not even the save screen is working I was think about making pics of the different screen pages before DFU
does it help knowing that I have an iphone 5 upgraded with iOS 7.1 which works perfect and its sync? can I just after ipad DFU syn it to the iphone 5, will it help? how can I do this?

thanks and sorry for too much asking

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
first of all thanks so much for your kindness music, photos, documents are already sames in separate folders in the pc i dont think will be lost what about settings of the ipad luke email accounts I have to manually reenter them ? and most of all how will I remember all the apps I have to reinstall? all the folders I had created ? not even the save screen is working I was think about making pics of the different screen pages before DFU does it help knowing that I have an iphone 5 upgraded with iOS 7.1 which works perfect and its sync? can I just after ipad DFU syn it to the iphone 5, will it help? how can I do this? thanks and sorry for too much asking

You're welcome!

Yes, you will need to set up your email accounts again.

You will find all your apps in the Purchased tab in the App Store......I'm afraid you will need to set up your folders again.

As far as setting up your iPad from an iPhone backup, have a look at this -
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/33665-should-i-sync-ipad-iphone-backup.html

Good luck!!

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Alternatively , take a screen grab of every folders contents ( apps) and that way by saving those images to cloud or your PC you can then remember which apps you had and what folder & page you had them in .

Then once you've restored your ipad you can then re download and organise them according to the screen grabs you took .

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Alternatively , take a screen grab of every folders contents ( apps) and that way by saving those images to cloud or your PC you can then remember which apps you had and what folder & page you had them in . Then once you've restored your ipad you can then re download and organise them according to the screen grabs you took . Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf

He says he can't take a screen grab either.....so maybe take photos with his iPhone. ;)

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my iPad 3 Crashed a few times with ios7, which is why i kept ios6 on my iPhone 4s. comparing the 2 ios's i prefer the more, the ios7 is to buggy and freezes when i use the FlickR app, no problems using it on my ios6 iPhone 4s

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seems as though my ipad is now doing the exact same thing . GRRRRR WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON NOW WITH APPLE ??

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't understand how, the newest iPad is having most of the problems of iOS 7 when I never got a single crash or lag in iOS 7 on my iPad 2, which is one of the oldest iPads around. Can someone explain me to this?

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm experiencing lag , and significant increases in crashes , resulting in constant restarts .

It's remarkably annoying now , my ipad has been running fine up until about4 weeks or so ago . Now all it wants to do is crash when opening apps , regardless of which ones :.(

Ios 7 is causing some issues and it's getting frustrating !

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seems to me it must be specifically your iPad or version of software since most are not having those problems. Have you tried all the reboots and a full reset at last cause?

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Another thing, I've solved many problems with "reset all settings" rather than "erase all content and settings" so you would not have to reload all content. You would have to re- do all settings though.

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad I read this forum before upgrading to 7.1.1. Upgrading iPhone 4 right this minute apple on the screen and the underlying progress bar.

Going to hold off on upgrading iPhone 4s for now.

Sent from my IPAD 4th generation. WIFI only. 128GB

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ios 7.1.2 update fixed issues :/) odd

WitchOneSalem

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ios 7.1.2 update fixed issues :/) odd Sent from my awesome iPhone 5S 64gb Gold using ipf
That is a fast fix. I just checked and I do not see the update. I see on the screen that I have the latest version 7.1.1.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts