1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Adding Lycos Mail To My Ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by wg894, Jun 26, 2011.

1. wg894

wg894 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all!

I have two email accounts that I need to add to my Ipad.The first is a Gmail account which I had up and running in no time at all,quite easy to do actually.

Unfortunately the same can't be said about my Lycos email account.I've tried several times to add my Lycos email account to my Ipad but with no success.I used the exact same method(Settings-Mail-Add Account)that I did when I added my Gmail account but like I said,no success.

I keep getting the same error message when I try to complete the process:

"Cannot Get Mail-The username or password for pop.mail.lycos.com is incorrect."

This does not make any sense because I am entering the correct username and password.

So having said all of that I was wondering if any other Lycos mail users out there have had the same problem in the past and how you fixed this problem? Or if anyone else knows how to rectify this issue?

My Ipad is the 32g Wifi model.

Thanks in advance for the help! :)
  2. davegrogan

davegrogan iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was able to get my lycos email account to work doing the standard set up. However, I have lycos premium and pay for email. What I have not been able to do is get my lycos folders to download to my iPad. I switched to IMAP and the folders still do not download. If anyone has anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.