What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad 3 7.1 is too slow

rsachi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
See the screen shots of Speedtest.net done at the same time and place between iPad and Sony Xperia Z 4.3

image.jpg

image.jpg

What's wrong!? It used to be OK till recently. I have updated to 7.1

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you have many wi-fi using apps running in the background? That may have caused that. Also did you try a hard reset?

~S~

OP
R

rsachi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please let me know how to do a hard reset.
I do not have too many wifi running apps at the same time.
You can see the speed diff is > 10 x

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please let me know how to do a hard reset.
I do not have too many wifi running apps at the same time.
You can see the speed diff is > 10 x

Hi rsachi, do this:
Simultaneously hold down the On/Off and Home buttons until the screen blacks out. Keep holding both until the Apple logo appears and then let both go. Then wait until your wallpaper appears. Restart your iPad.
Strange that your Upload speed (as before) is now so much faster than Download. Are you actually experiencing such slow downloads or it that slow speed showing on the app? Perhaps you could delete that app and reload it again and test the speed again. Let's know how you went after the reset.
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

OP
R

rsachi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, done. Still the problem persists

I have been doing this hard reset every day.
The speed issue is quite bad,
Please note the two Speedtest shots are for an iPad and a Sony Xoeria Android phone taken at almost the same time in the same place at home.

Could you tell me if the iPad may have suffered due to some hard knock?

Thanks.

PS the upload speed is high, but I am worried about the download speed. But both are much higher than iPad in the Xperia.

Most reactions

Latest posts