What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just found bugs in 7.1 on iPad 2.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Never in my use of my iPad I ever got frozen, apps become slow, multitasking is laggy. This happens on even games the require heavy graphics. I never had this problem since 7.1.

Bugs I found in my iPad are:

1. My iPad freezes. Mostly on safari.

2. Multitasking lags on apps and games that uses up many data and has great graphics.

3. Spliting keyboard on games (Mostly) freezes. Then it won't respond. other parts of the screen works though.

4. iPad gets hot faster.

And I thought iOS 7.1 was a blessing. It also has some downsides too.

I havn't tried, but I may delete all cookies, delete some games (Must be the cause) or soft/hard reset. Is anyone having this problem too for the iPad 2?

Last edited:

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Never in my use of my iPad I ever got frozen, apps become slow, multitasking is laggy. This happens on even games the require heavy graphics. I never had this problem since 7.1.

2. Multitasking lags on apps and games that uses up many data and has great graphics.

3. Spliting keyboard on games (Mostly) freezes. Then it won't respond. other parts of the screen works though.

I havn't tried, but I may delete all cookies, delete some games (Must be the cause) or soft/hard reset. Is anyone having this problem too?

Well, first, congrats on finding some iOS 7.1 bugs... :p

1. I also experience that lag on Safari

2. Multitasking lags was there on previous versions too, at least for me, but they were not frustrating, nothing has changed about that with the latest update for me...

3. I don't use split keyboard much. Do you have that problem with the docked keyboard also?

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, first, congrats on finding some iOS 7.1 bugs... :p

1. I also experience that lag on Safari

2. Multitasking lags was there on previous versions too, at least for me, but they were not frustrating, nothing has changed about that with the latest update for me...

3. I don't use split keyboard much. Do you have that problem with the docked keyboard also?

Splitting keyboard and fusing them does that too.

ipadandre

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it freezing with some of your older games from circa 2010?

One possibility is that your iPad2 is not up to the the task of running newer, processor intensive Apps that are developed for later-generation devices. Perhaps try running the same App on a friends newer iPad and see if the same issues exist.

4. iPad gets hot faster.

I havn't tried, but I may delete all cookies, delete some games (Must be the cause) or soft/hard reset. Is anyone having this problem too for the iPad 2?

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One possibility is that your iPad2 is not up to the the task of running newer, processor intensive Apps that are developed for later-generation devices. Perhaps try running the same App on a friends newer iPad and see if the same issues exist.

Well of course it works flawlessly on newer iPads. I even tried it on my sisters iPad 2. Same results. But except for the fact that these problems occurred to me after the installation of iOS 7.1.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well of course it works flawlessly on newer iPads. I even tried it on my sisters iPad 2. Same results. But except for the fact that these problems occurred to me after the installation of iOS 7.1.

Then, it must be an issue between iOS 7.1 and iPad 2. :(

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Then, it must be an issue between iOS 7.1 and iPad 2. :(

Well I figured out why my iPad was heating up. Safari doesn't frequently freeze now after erasing cookies. Seems that split keyboard only freezes in clash of clans. But I can't explain the lag on multitasking and on my high-graphic games.

Last edited:

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well I figured out why my iPad was heating up. Safari doesn't frequently freeze now after erasing cookies. Seems that split keyboard only freezes in clash of clans. But I can't explain the lag on multitasking and on my high-graphic games.

I will check the split keyboard problem in CoC.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm having no problems there. Maybe its lack of memory on your iPad.

Thats wierd its working fine now.

I still have 10 GB free: I doubt it.

So the only problem I have now is with my heavy-graphics game. I still don't understand that.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thats wierd its working fine now.

I still have 10 GB free: I doubt it.

So the only problem I have now is with my heavy-graphics game. I still don't understand that.

You're not going to be able to run a processor-intensive app/game on a device that has an older processor without some difficulty. This applies to any device/computer/platform, that's just the way it is with processors and code.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm having no problems there. Maybe its lack of memory on your iPad.
Thats wierd its working fine now. I still have 10 GB free: I doubt it. So the only problem I have now is with my heavy-graphics game. I still don't understand that.
The memory referred to is system RAM, not storage memory. The iPad 2 only has 500MB, while all newer iPads have 1GB of RAM.

Most reactions

Latest posts