What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my ipad 1 could not activated because always restarting

setiawanipad1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dear all,

i have a problem with my ipad, from the last month ago, my ipad 1 (jailbreak 4.2.1 ) got an error and need to restored ( the notification always appear in my ipad screen), so with tuis problem, I want to restore and upgrade to 5.1.1, but when I restore with Itunes, the ipad constantly could not restored ( error 1 ) when the instalation progress run reach 3/4 instlation.

so, i searching this problem and find the solution with use a redsnow ( recovery fix tools), but another problem has rise. when the ipad need activation, its always restart, again, again and again. so i'll never pass this proccess :(

Is my ipad have a software or hardware problem? anybody can help me to find solution, because i'm hopeless now, almost one month, my ipad still "death".
Thank you for your all attention and forgive me if my english not good.

regards,

----------
ipod 4G, ipad 1G, iphone 4, ipod shuffle

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
Connecting to the iTunes Store.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to move this to the Hack Section where you will have more attention.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Setia...

I just deleted your other post as it was a duplicate of this one. Please do not do this since it makes it hard for other members to read and help you of there are multiple threads of the same topic present. It is also against forum rules.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
dear all,

i have a problem with my ipad, from the last month ago, my ipad 1 (jailbreak 4.2.1 ) got an error and need to restored ( the notification always appear in my ipad screen), so with tuis problem, I want to restore and upgrade to 5.1.1, but when I restore with Itunes, the ipad constantly could not restored ( error 1 ) when the instalation progress run reach 3/4 instlation.

so, i searching this problem and find the solution with use a redsnow ( recovery fix tools), but another problem has rise. when the ipad need activation, its always restart, again, again and again. so i'll never pass this proccess :(

Is my ipad have a software or hardware problem? anybody can help me to find solution, because i'm hopeless now, almost one month, my ipad still "death".
Thank you for your all attention and forgive me if my english not good.

regards,

----------
ipod 4G, ipad 1G, iphone 4, ipod shuffle

It sounds as though you may have a hardware problem, in which case there isn't much that can be done, but your best bet is to get up to 5.1.1 using our failsafe method if you can. If the iPad then stops restarting then you should be OK, but if it carries on after you are back on a clean, stock, 5.1.1 then I'm afraid it is a fault that can't be rectified without a new device...

Here is the guide. Make sure you do everything to ensure you can get back to 5.1.1 reliably - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...lsafe-method-restore-current-version-ios.html

Hope that helps.

OP
S

setiawanipad1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dear f4780y,

thanks for your tutorial, Unfortunately it didn't work for my ipad.
I have been following step by step from your tutoral.
may be mya ipad destiny is ended since my ipad's warranty is over :(

Most reactions

Latest posts