What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't activate

dataz722

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an ipad 1 that I jailbroke about 6 months ago. I just tried to connect to itunes and was getting error 0xE8000012. After trying a few different solutions that didn't work I tried to delete the lockdown folder, which I found as a solution on another site. When I rebooted, it attempted to activate but would not. From the reading I have done this sounds like it was because it was jailbroken.

How can I fix this?

I will be completely honest, when it comes to computers in general and android devices I am very comfortable and well versed but I don't really know a damn thing about ios devices.

Nothing I do will get it past the activation screen both on the device and in itunes so there is no way that I am able to back it up to do a restore.  If there is no way to get past the activation or replace the lockdown folder I know that I will have to do a restore.  Is there any possible way to make a backup without itunes requiring the activation, like through DFU or something?

Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts