My First Post

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by lrbeatty, May 31, 2011.

1. lrbeatty

lrbeatty iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have had my iPad for over a year and love it. However, I have had a problems now for a couple of months that I can seem to fix. I can download new apps to my iPad just fine. However, when I try to update my apps (I now have 88 of them calling for updates) it seems to start out fine and asks me for my iTunes password (the same one I use when I download new apps) and then I get an error message"Unable to connect to the iTunes Store!"

I have already tried lots of different things that I have read in my internet search to solve the problem, including the thing I was trying to avoid (reformatting the iPad and starting from scratch and redownloading everything from my computer). I am back in the same situation. Can anyone help?
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    A couple of questions...

Have you ever had another iTunes account that you used to purchase/download some of these apps?

Can you update any one of those 88 apps individually - i.e. rather than selecting the 'update all' option?

Tim
  3. ipfuser55

ipfuser55 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If Tim" s suggestions don't work, it could be that since you have had your iTunes account for a while, the debit / credit card you use for downloads may have been re-issued due to being out of date. I had this a while back with a friends iPad. You would need to update your card details in iTunes. Hope this helps :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF
  4. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132 / 0

If this is your problem ~ I wish you all the luck in the world. I have 13 apps I will never be able to update.:(
  5. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +635 / 0
    Also, do you regularly (or even irregularly) sync with iTunes on your desktop?
    If you do a sync now, you can then update ALL the apps on the PC, then re-sync and all the apps will be updated.
    To update the apps on your PC, click on the "Apps" section in the left hand pane on iTunes. There is an update button (I think in the bottom right). Once all the downloads are complete you can just sync your iPad to update them all... Presto!