What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mute Push Notifications

komobu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi;

My iPad3 (ios5.1.1) chirps or dings often in the middle of the night waking me up. I like to have the notifications, but I dont want the noises. How can I mute them? My iPad is jail broken if there is an app for that. All I want to hear is music that I select, videos that I watch, and keys that I type. I would like to mute everything else. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What I do is go to settings > sounds and lower the ringer/alert sound. That way if you get a notification in the night, your iPad will flash, but no sound will appear.

Just if you ever do upgrade to iOS 6, there is a "Do Not Disturb" feature, where you can put in a scheduled time to automatically turn on and off, or turn it on manually at any time, and while its on the iPad won't flash or make a sound when you get notifications in the night.

I haven't been part of the jb community since before last summer, so I don't know of any jb tweak that might help; but hopefully someone else does.

Most reactions

Latest posts