1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Mute Push Notifications

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by komobu, Jan 16, 2013.

1. komobu

komobu iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi;

My iPad3 (ios5.1.1) chirps or dings often in the middle of the night waking me up. I like to have the notifications, but I dont want the noises. How can I mute them? My iPad is jail broken if there is an app for that. All I want to hear is music that I select, videos that I watch, and keys that I type. I would like to mute everything else. Any help with this would be appreciated.
  2. Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    What I do is go to settings > sounds and lower the ringer/alert sound. That way if you get a notification in the night, your iPad will flash, but no sound will appear.

Just if you ever do upgrade to iOS 6, there is a "Do Not Disturb" feature, where you can put in a scheduled time to automatically turn on and off, or turn it on manually at any time, and while its on the iPad won't flash or make a sound when you get notifications in the night.

I haven't been part of the jb community since before last summer, so I don't know of any jb tweak that might help; but hopefully someone else does.