What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm just wondering if this is possible...

kinghtown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd love to be able to watch a movie from my computer, muted, with the audio somehow piping through my ipad so I can plug in my headphones and hear the movie that way from across the room.. Is there a way to do that? I'm just curious, since I can use my ipad as a remote control, stream movies to my ipad, etc...

In case you're wondering why anyone would want to do this: my computer has a larger screen than my ipad and it is better to watch movies from it and I keep late hours so I don't want to wake up my roommates while I watch a movie in bed. I'd just like to know if this is possible before I go out and buy wireless headphones, I already have an expensive pair of Seinnheisers and I do live on a budget.

dominus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kinghtown said:
I'd love to be able to watch a movie from my computer, muted, with the audio somehow piping through my ipad so I can plug in my headphones and hear the movie that way from across the room.. Is there a way to do that? I'm just curious, since I can use my ipad as a remote control, stream movies to my ipad, etc...

In case you're wondering why anyone would want to do this: my computer has a larger screen than my ipad and it is better to watch movies from it and I keep late hours so I don't want to wake up my roommates while I watch a movie in bed. I'd just like to know if this is possible before I go out and buy wireless headphones, I already have an expensive pair of Seinnheisers and I do live on a budget.

Yes you can. Try log me in pro. I had already try it, they can remote not only file but also audio and video. Hope it will help.

mckeontrisha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Help I am new to iPad and on my photos I hit map and now I cannot get my pictures to come up. What do I do?

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
mckeontrisha said:
Help I am new to iPad and on my photos I hit map and now I cannot get my pictures to come up. What do I do?

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Can you see some headings along the top of the page, Photos - Photo Stream etc? To have the map up, you have pressed the Places heading. Just press Photos and this will return you. If there are no headings then the best step would be to close the app completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly. Sometimes apps just play up and this is the best first step to try. Let us know how you go.

Most reactions

Latest posts