What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music Player Problem

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello,
I've upgraded to iOS and it's been great so far. The only problem I have is that when I play music on my iPad 4 I can't control it from the music player on the lock screen or control center. I tried to restart it and it worked. Then the same problem after 5 mins :(. Anybody knows how to fix this problems? Or is it an iOS bug.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Music app, or some other music app? If the first, I haven't heard of any problems. If the second, make sure the app has been updated for iOS 7.

That's all I can think of, other than the usual fixes. You've probably tried most or all of them by now, but just in case, I'll post them below.

------------------------------
The Usual Fixes
------------------------------

When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM.

Close/Clear the app:

iOS 6: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app.

iOS 7: Double tap the Home button to get the multitasking display. Swipe up on the problem app's thumbnail image (not the icon).

If that does not work try a restart,

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month.

and then a reset if that does not work.

Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart.

Reset All Settings: Another, somewhat more drastic thing you can do is Reset All Settings. You'll find this under Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. It won't erase any of your content, apps, or accounts; but you will have to go through most of your other settings and re-tweak them back to your liking.

OP
TheSagittarius

TheSagittarius

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The Music app, or some other music app? If the first, I haven't heard of any problems. If the second, make sure the app has been updated for iOS 7. That's all I can think of, other than the usual fixes. You've probably tried most or all of them by now, but just in case, I'll post them below. ------------------------------ The Usual Fixes ------------------------------ When you have problems with an app it's a good idea to clear it from RAM. Close/Clear the app: iOS 6: With the problem app closed, double tap on the Home button to get the multitask bar. Tap and hold on any icon in the bar until they jiggle, then tap the minus sign on the problem app. iOS 7: Double tap the Home button to get the multitasking display. Swipe up on the problem app's thumbnail image (not the icon). If that does not work try a restart, Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears. Apple recommends you restart the iPad at least once a month. and then a reset if that does not work. Reset: Hold down the power and home buttons until the Apple logo appears. The iPad will reboot. This usually takes a bit longer than a restart. Reset All Settings: Another, somewhat more drastic thing you can do is Reset All Settings. You'll find this under Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. It won't erase any of your content, apps, or accounts; but you will have to go through most of your other settings and re-tweak them back to your liking.

It is the music app of the iOS not downloaded apps. Tried them but it works only for a while. Maybe it's a bug, not sure. Hope they fix it soon.
Thank you! :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem. Sorry not to have a better answer for you.

I've never had problems with the lock screen or control panel players, but I don't use them much.

Most reactions

Latest posts