What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music player looks messed up in landscape?

livingadnauseum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem, I looked through the forums and hadn't seen anyone else bring it up. Since updating to iOS 5, as many of you have noticed, the iPod app has been replaced with a dedicated music player. I don't have a problem with this, personally, since I never used it for anything other than playing music anyway. The issue I do have, however, is that when my iPad is in landscape mode (as it usually is, because I use it for note taking and paper writing in school) a quarter of the screen is cut off and black, the right hand border that should be at the edge squished towards the center. The navigation buttons for Playlists, Album, Artist, Genre, etc are all missing (I assume to the bottom off screen), and the elements of the top navigation strip (with the repeate/shuffle buttons, volume controls, forward/back/pause button, etc) are all out of alignment.

When I switch it around to portrait everything is fine, but it seems more than a little ridiculous that I have to switch the orientation of my entire iPad just to go looking for something quickly in the music player.

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, have you found a solution? Or does this just sound weird? Any information you may have, I'd greatly appreciate!

Neverumind

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same thing happening to me, except it happens both in landscape and portrait mode. I cannot acces any of the songs, options are there but nothing happens when i press them. I have been trying to find a fix for this but havent had any luck yet seems the only way for now is to reset the ipad but its really really frustrating. Iknow its been a long time but has anyone found any other solution?

Most reactions

Latest posts