What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multi-Tasking This Summer

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NOOOOO!!! iPad version isn't coming till fall!!! Evil!
Ye. So for awhile the iphone will be better than the iPad. I don't understand why they didn't just give the iPad a full blown Mac os.

I wonder if iLife will ever come out for the iPad.

If this is supposed to be a revolutionary device, why is the iphone getting the update first?

Well I'm hoping that means the iPad update will be totally different and incredible!

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It makes me wonder if there is a monetary strategy to waiting a couple of months to release the iPad version 4 of the OS. I can't think of any reason why it would take longer to release the iPad version unless A) like fury mentioned... maybe there will be added functionality... or B) they think an iPad with similar hardware and software would eat into the sales of the iPhone HD this summer so if they wait a couple of months to release the software for the OS then they might get more iPhone sales. That is my theory. I'll be getting the new iPhone anyways so it kinda bums me out that I have to wait on the iPad.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you think the iPad could affect iPhone sales? They are so different as devices go.

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's the reason you pay for the app if you don't want to see the ads. Options are out there! And you only "watch" the ad if you click on it... otherwise it is an unobtrusive banner in your FREE app like they pretty much always have been. You only get the luxury of watching them if you click on it!

no they haven't almost always been ads in free apps. And I have a paid app ( shopper) that I paid 5 bucks for last year that ended up adding ads with a later update. And yes there has been an uproar about it if you read their reviews.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if the delay is due to them putting in print support. Not needed in iPhone or Touch apps, but probably needs some OS tweaking still to make it work for the iPad. One thing about Apple is that when they put their minds to it, more often than not, they make a totally elegant means of doing things. Maybe this will be one of those to go with their folders and multi-tasking in 4.0.

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's the reason you pay for the app if you don't want to see the ads. Options are out there! And you only "watch" the ad if you click on it... otherwise it is an unobtrusive banner in your FREE app like they pretty much always have been. You only get the luxury of watching them if you click on it!

no they haven't almost always been ads in free apps. And I have a paid app ( shopper) that I paid 5 bucks for last year that ended up adding ads with a later update. And yes there has been an uproar about it if you read their reviews.

That is the key... if there is an uproar about it then it will effect their sales. If people don't like it and enough people complain about it... Then people will stop buying it. If people continue to buy it ignoring the ratings and reviews... then I would say they deserve it at that point.

iPad911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i thought the 4.0 update is gonna be only on the iphone/itouch. no?

OP
DavidNM

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
4.0 may be out just in time for the next generation of iPads.:)

I think only if there's a major hardware issue that needs fixing. If they can add multi-tasking and printing to the mix - and come out in time for Christmas sales with reduced prices - they'll sell millions. I think that by that time the goal won't be so much to sell a ton of them but rather to starve any competitive ultra light tablets that are coming out.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was joking. The next generation iPads will come out in spring of 2011.

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it'll be the same. With the touch and the iPad running the same os makes me kinda regret th

Jaseph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hehe maybe apple is going to charge for the update and figures it will sting less if it is half a year later. If they put it out now, then they would have to give it free to everyone.

I'm still not an Ipad owner, but I'm surprised by the reaction here. I would have thought everyone would be stoked. To me it makes sense. Look at the chronology. They first developed the Iphone OS, then released the Iphone and eventually the Ipod touch. They tweaked the OS for the Ipad, while at the same time developing 4.0 for the Iphone. 4.0 is finished, now they tweak it again for the Ipad.

Remember, there are millions of Iphone/Ipod touch users, who have been waiting for 4.0 longer than you. Just be happy, you are getting multi-tasking this fall. This is good news! Why act like this is a disappointment?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First off, Apple rarely charges for updates on the iPhone OS and this would be a freebie for the iPad. Second, remember that the iPad OS already has some of the features of the 4.0 OS.

Most reactions

Latest posts