What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multi-Tasking This Summer

cimousa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.cimousa.com
:( An image to add to the sadness

iphone-os-4-0373-rm-eng.jpg

NOOOOO!!! iPad version isn't coming till fall!!! Evil!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think they accidentally have an extra l where the i should be!!

fail.jpg

Last edited:

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bummer. They just announced it won't be available for iPad until sometime in the fall.

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's the reason you pay for the app if you don't want to see the ads. Options are out there! And you only "watch" the ad if you click on it... otherwise it is an unobtrusive banner in your FREE app like they pretty much always have been. You only get the luxury of watching them if you click on it!

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The multitasking without major battery drain is great, but I found folders to be very intriguing.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's the reason you pay for the app if you don't want to see the ads. Options are out there! And you only "watch" the ad if you click on it... otherwise it is an unobtrusive banner in your FREE app like they pretty much always have been. You only get the luxury of watching them if you click on it!

Seems like lite and ad supported versions are very scarce on the iPad....if devs don't want to have trial versions they need to instill a return policy....I'm not going to pay $13 for a game if I have never tried it.

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the folders idea a lot! And am really looking forward to the multitasking. I'm gonna have to upgrade my 3G to the HD (or whatever they call it) so I can get multitasking... but I was planning on that anyways.

Sux that we iPad users have to wait a few more months longer than the iPhone peeps for the OS release.

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems like lite and ad supported versions are very scarce on the iPad....if devs don't want to have trial versions they need to instill a return policy....I'm not going to pay $13 for a game if I have never tried it.

Wow... I don't know if I've ever bought a Wii game or playstation game after "trying it" first and those things are $40-$50+ Not sure why the iPhone/iPad should be any different. You either trust the app stores reviews and take a chance... or you don't buy it. How many people would buy a game... beat it in the first day or so and then return it? Sometimes you gotta take a chance on apps or be that person always wondering.

There are many devs that do a dumbed down, fewer stages in the game, etc... type app for free. Not all but many. I definitely don't see a return policy ever being implemented in the app store.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Wow... I don't know if I've ever bought a Wii game or playstation game after "trying it" first and those things are $40-$50+ Not sure why the iPhone/iPad should be any different. You either trust the app stores reviews and take a chance... or you don't buy it. How many people would buy a game... beat it in the first day or so and then return it? Sometimes you gotta take a chance on apps or be that person always wondering.

There are many devs that do a dumbed down, fewer stages in the game, etc... type app for free. Not all but many. I definitely don't see a return policy ever being implemented in the app store.

I have never bought a Wii or PS3 game without playing a demo or rental first. Never would. Most games for iPhone have demo versions. I have purchased many games after trying them on my iPod Touch.

brobar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yea... I don't go to blockbuster or (who rents video games?) and rent games before buying them. I usually just look at the general interest from users out there and get a feel for the game based on their reviews. Otherwise games would cost that much more (the price of the game, plus the rental, plus the drive to the store, plus the time [and time is money]). I usually just trust the reviews, watch youtube videos of game play, listen to the generated buzz for a game and rarely do I get burned that way. I may miss out on a game or two... or be late to the party on a few games... but I feel I save time & money that way in the end. Different strokes for different folks though. If devs don't create a demo app in the app store... then they think they can get by while skipping out on try it before they buy it crowd.

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NOOOOO!!! iPad version isn't coming till fall!!! Evil!
Ye. So for awhile the iphone will be better than the iPad. I don't understand why they didn't just give the iPad a full blown Mac os.

I wonder if iLife will ever come out for the iPad.

If this is supposed to be a revolutionary device, why is the iphone getting the update first?

Most reactions

Latest posts