What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movie editor needed

Fat Mans Pants

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a good movie editor that will allow me to merge multiple movie clips onto the same clip. Eg I want to be able to make a music clip of myself doing multiple musical parts and then combining all the parts to make a full proper song. Hopefully I'm describing this correctly :)
Anybody know of a movie app that can do this specific task?
Cheers

D

Deleted member 247820

Hi F M P.

What about Apple iMovie?
Have you tried that?
I don't know if it will over lay movies.
Surely you need to combine all the audio tracks into one, then put that audio onto one video track!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Fat Mans Pants

Fat Mans Pants

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I havn't tried any yet as I don't want to waste money if the program isn't going to do what I want it to do. I figured iMovie would probably be a pretty safe bet though.

Yeah all the sound would need to be synced along with the clips all at the same time.
Cheers

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No video editor on the iPad will do complex multiple video track editing. You have to cut each section to length and plop in onto the timeline one after the other, getting lip sync in particular will requires a lot of patience.

There is an app that I have not tried yet that pulls a song from your on board library and allows you to record multiple versions, where it then takes your many versions and combines them into a video clip. It is called Video Star. Again, i have not tried it yet, so I cannot vouch for it in anyway.

D

Deleted member 247820

Hi.

IMovie has several free accessories that enhance the app.
Can't remember if iMovie is free.
However if not then it will be cheap.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
PeterJMelb said:
Hi.

IMovie has several free accessories that enhance the app.
Can't remember if iMovie is free.
However if not then it will be cheap.

I think iMovie is about the $5 mark, give or take.

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes imovie and its accessories even the paid ones are one of the best and worth it to try :thumbs:

OP
Fat Mans Pants

Fat Mans Pants

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777 said:
No video editor on the iPad will do complex multiple video track editing. You have to cut each section to length and plop in onto the timeline one after the other, getting lip sync in particular will requires a lot of patience.

There is an app that I have not tried yet that pulls a song from your on board library and allows you to record multiple versions, where it then takes your many versions and combines them into a video clip. It is called Video Star. Again, i have not tried it yet, so I cannot vouch for it in anyway.

Thanks, I tried Video Star, it's pretty cool and has a bunch of great editing features. It doesn't really do what I specifically want it to do though. Is still a fun app though.
I think I'll give iMovie a try now.
Cheers

Most reactions

Latest posts