What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOV to camera roll.

• Thread starter Deleted member 247820
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 247820

Hello all.
I used to copy MOV files from my camera directly into iPad2 Camera Roll via the SD docking connector.
Now the MOV files do not go into the Camera Roll, but into another folder, and won't go to the Camera Roll.
This seemed to happen after iOS7. (I think).
Now I cannot get the MOV from a camera into Camera Roll.
Any ideas why this system was changed?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello all.
I used to copy MOV files from my camera directly into iPad2 Camera Roll via the SD docking connector.
Now the MOV files do not go into the Camera Roll, but into another folder, and won't go to the Camera Roll.
This seemed to happen after iOS7. (I think).
Now I cannot get the MOV from a camera into Camera Roll.
Any ideas why this system was changed?
Hi Peter, I'll just move your post to the iPad Help section where it's sure to get more attention
Andrew

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I seem to remember that happening with one or two videos I had on the iPad during the update. I've since removed them, so I don't know if it would still happen. Videos taken with the iPad still go to both the main Photos tab and a special album in the Albums tab.

So, I don't know the answer. And I've misplaced my Camera Connection Kit, so I can't experiment.

But, I have a question. Is this keeping your from doing anything you need to do, like access the videos in other apps? Because if it's just auto folders, it's an interface change that may or may not be liked by someone. If the second, it really needs to be addressed by Apple. In my opinion, anyway.

OP
D

Deleted member 247820

I seem to remember that happening with one or two videos I had on the iPad during the update. I've since removed them, so I don't know if it would still happen. Videos taken with the iPad still go to both the main Photos tab and a special album in the Albums tab. So, I don't know the answer. And I've misplaced my Camera Connection Kit, so I can't experiment. But, I have a question. Is this keeping your from doing anything you need to do, like access the videos in other apps? Because if it's just auto folders, it's an interface change that may or may not be liked by someone. If the second, it really needs to be addressed by Apple. In my opinion, anyway.
Hello T poet.
Thanks for the interest.
I can access the MOVs using iMovie maker.
After processing I get the option to put the MOV into the camera Roll.
And that is real easy, so I have done what I wanted with just a little fuss I did not have before.
So I am "kinda" happy.
Best wishes Peter.

Most reactions

Latest posts