What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mockups show how could a gold iPad Mini and gray iPad 5 with Touch ID look like

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
ipad2013_3-640x480.jpg
ipad2013_1.jpg
ipad2013_2.jpg

The iPhone 5s is out in the wild and it comes with an innovative technology that matters to your security - the Touch ID fingerprint sensor. This is not a new technology, but it is the first time when it is seamlessly embedded into such widely appreciated device like the iPhone. With the iPad 5 and iPad Mini 2 launch approaching fast, we’re wondering if Apple is going to introduce the fingerprint sensor in its next-generation tablets, as well.

To help us imagine that, Martin Hajek, a concept artis​​t, has created a gallery of some beautiful, stunning looking mockups showcasing what seems to be the gold iPad mini 2 and a space gray iPad 5. Both tablets have the special ring on the home button which is Apple’s new Touch ID fingerprint sensor.

You have to admit that the concept images Hajek has created look absolutely gorgeous, but it’s hard to believe that Apple is going to release a gold iPad mini 2. However, Apple is a company that loves to surprise, so don’t say we didn’t tell you!

Currently,the iPad Mini is being offered in black and silver/white color, so a gold option would be amazing. Adding a fingerprint sensor to its tablets would make a lot of sense for Apple, since that is a security feature especially business users will definitely be interested in. But there’s also the possibility of Apple waiting to see what is the market’s response to this new technology and if positive, launch this with the iPad in the following year.

According to most rumors, Apple is planning an iPad event for October, but we’re still waiting for the official date from Apple, which will most send press invites for the event.

Returning to the gold iPad Mini 2 - has it stolen your hearts already?

Source: CultofMac

Last edited by a moderator:

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nice to have the option of gold if you like it; however, I prefer black and silver.

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 using Tapatalk HD

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice to have the option of gold if you like it; however, I prefer black and silver.

Sent from my Black Verizon 64GB iPad 2 using Tapatalk HD

I like the white, but the gold looks really nice also! Just something different!

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Where are the cool colors that you can get with the iPod touch for the iPad? Huh? Where are they? :D

And, I'm still slightly concerned about the bezel reduction for the iPad. Well see..... But Im a tad nervous.

Most reactions

Latest posts