What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mobile terminal?

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is mobile terminal working for iPad? My ssh password is changed on my iPhone so I need to changed it also on my iPad. If mobile terminal is not working, any other suggestions? Thanks

Retiredjack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mobile Terminal 426 works fine on my 4.3.3 iPad 64G 3G with Redsn0w JB albeit with a small font. It is a .deb file you can find with google. You must manually install it, the easiest way is to deposit in /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall (you may have to create the last 2 directories) and reboot.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you go to Cydia, on the main page (left column), there is a box titled "Root Password How-To." When you select that, the second item down is a box titled "Mobile Terminal Package." Click on that and you'll get the normal Cydia options to download it (free).

Or, at least that's how I got Mobile Terminal on my iPad with iOS 4.2.1. It does say that it's the latest version (for iOS 4 to 4.3.1). Works on my iPad...

Marilyn

P.S. Oh, and it wouldn't hurt to also change your mobile password on the iPad as well as the root.

dwd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suggest installing openSSH and then SSH into it with putty to change the password.. that's what I did with my iPhone 4 as I noticed mobile terminal didn't work on iOS 4

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
iSSH is a great App store app for SSHing (very professional IMHO).

But +1 for putty. Just use it from your desktop. Much more convenient than getting Mobile Terminal to work if you are the sort of user who is not comfortable with sourcing and installing deb files yet...

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I am comfortable with .deb files. Found terminal 426 on google and put it in the auto install folder and rebooted. Than did the instructions on Cydia and it worked.

Most reactions

Latest posts