What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Message on iPad 3

wpike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am getting the following message on my iPad3.

"iPad not backed up"

I have just purchased it less than 2 weeks ago and it wont allow me to do anything. Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it to do with the iCloud storage? Mine says it because I do not have enough iCloud space to back up to.

Sent from my iPad 3

OP
W

wpike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure...it just says...."This iPad hasn't backed up. Backups happen when this iPad is plugged in, locked, and connected to Wi-Fi.
And it wont let me do anything!

Andyvalver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Normally you click something like ok or ignore and carry on using your iPad. Turn off iCloud and that will stop it.

Sent from my iPad 3

OP
W

wpike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Andyvalver! I think I'm going to have to go the Apple store. It wont let me click anything. That box will not move to allow me to choose anything. I've even tried to power it off and it does nothing! Thanks for your help though, when I'm able to, I will certainly go in and turn iCloud off.

darrinaltman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best thing to do is make sure you have WiFi turned on, plug in your iPad to the power adapter, turn off the screen and it will automatically backup. Or you could open the settings app and go into your iCloud email account and go to where it says backup and you can manually force a backup.

I wouldn't turn it off. If you ever have a problem with your iPad you will be able to restore all of your settings from the cloud. It works great.

That message you see is a safety feature. Once you backup it won't appear anymore.

Most reactions

Latest posts