What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Me again. Album artwork not showing up in iTunes on iPad

January

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.

On my iPad2 iOS 5.1, 2 of my songs don't show the album artwork either in Artists or Album view. If I click on the song or album then it will show the artwork. Any one else have this problem?

Initially this issue was worse, like about 20 Songs in the Artist view only, yet ALL showed in the album view. I went to music settings and turned off group by album artist and it fixed the issue for all but 2. Now both of them don't show album artwork in either artist or album view.

Any recommendations?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. I don't have an answer for you (I don't have music on my iPad).

However, I am posting to tell you that I am moving this thread over to the Help section of this forum, so hopefully more eyes will see it.

Good luck.

Marilyn

Project37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you have all of your music stored on a Mac or pc in your iTunes? If so check in iTunes to see if the artwork is there for the 2 songs you are having trouble with. If the album artwork is not on your iTunes library then right click on the song and have iTunes get album artwork for you. iTunes will then update the song tags with album artwork. Then sync the music from iTunes back to your iPad to update the music library on your iPad. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
J

January

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Project37 said:
Do you have all of your music stored on a Mac or pc in your iTunes? If so check in iTunes to see if the artwork is there for the 2 songs you are having trouble with. If the album artwork is not on your iTunes library then right click on the song and have iTunes get album artwork for you. iTunes will then update the song tags with album artwork. Then sync the music from iTunes back to your iPad to update the music library on your iPad. Hope this helps.

Hi yes the album artwork is there in my iTunes for both songs (on my pc). When I click on the album itself, it shows the picture, just not when browsing thru artist or album view

OP
J

January

iPF Noob
Reaction score
January said:
Hi yes the album artwork is there in my iTunes for both songs (on my pc). When I click on the album itself, it shows the picture, just not when browsing thru artist or album view

Hi! I wanted to tell you the issue has been solved. Even though the artwork was in iTunes, I selected both songs and used the 'get info' option and re-selected the artwork, then synced my iPad again and it's there! Thank you

Project37

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got it sorted out. It bugs me when he artwork does not show for my song library as well.

Most reactions

Latest posts