What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass photo deletion

derrickp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just upgraded an application on my iMac and for reasons that the developer cannot explain, it downloaded almost 3000 library images into iPhoto. Of course, I did not think, and now discover they have all been loaded to my iPad 3 and iPhone 4 via Photostream. I am now faced with the task of removing 3000 images from all three devices. Any advice on a quick way to do this would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just upgraded an application on my iMac and for reasons that the developer cannot explain, it downloaded almost 3000 library images into iPhoto. Of course, I did not think, and now discover they have all been loaded to my iPad 3 and iPhone 4 via Photostream. I am now faced with the task of removing 3000 images from all three devices. Any advice on a quick way to do this would be most appreciated. Thanks.

I think have some good news since you are on OSX. Launch iPhoto on your iMac. Allow it to connect to your photostream account. From there you can mass select all of the photostream photos that were just uploaded and then delete them. That will then send a command to all of your iOS devices hooked to that photostream account and cause them to be deleted as well.

Had the same thing happen to me about 5 days ago while trying to import photos into my library. And I did the above to clear them off my two iPhones and two iPads.

OP
D

derrickp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mass delete

I think have some good news since you are on OSX. Launch iPhoto on your iMac. Allow it to connect to your photostream account. From there you can mass select all of the photostream photos that were just uploaded and then delete them. That will then send a command to all of your iOS devices hooked to that photostream account and cause them to be deleted as well.

Had the same thing happen to me about 5 days ago while trying to import photos into my library. And I did the above to clear them off my two iPhones and two iPads.

Thank you. It worked and saved me hours of work.

Most reactions

Latest posts