What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Photo Storage help!,

Gemstone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear iPad group,

I would like some advice. I have 12,000 photo's in my photo's library on my iPad and have used all of my storage so can not now download anything. I have bought iPhoto but because this is synced with devices I can not delete any photo's to free up space. I have also bought more iCloud storage which doesn't solve the problem. Where can I store my photo's so that I can delete them on my iPad. I have an iPhone and an old MacBook which doesn't recognise my devices as its from 2007.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gemma

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dear iPad group,

I would like some advice. I have 12,000 photo's in my photo's library on my iPad and have used all of my storage so can not now download anything. I have bought iPhoto but because this is synced with devices I can not delete any photo's to free up space. I have also bought more iCloud storage which doesn't solve the problem. Where can I store my photo's so that I can delete them on my iPad. I have an iPhone and an old MacBook which doesn't recognise my devices as its from 2007.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gemma

Hi, Gemma! Welcome to iPF!

You could try to save them in Dropbox. The app can be setup to import the pictures on your iPad when you open it. You can delete pictures from the photo app as soon as they're in Dropbox and free up space this way. That's the way I use it.
When you sign up, 2 GB of storage are free. As soon as you save videos and photos, you get 3 GB in addition. You could get up to 18 GB for free. You also have the possibility to buy storage.

Perhaps someone else knows another way to free up space.

Last edited:
OP
G

Gemstone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I have Dropbox but its full to the brim. I also don't like the layout and its quite slow. I love the fluid style of the photo gallery on my iPad but I have no choice but to find someway to store and access them whenever I like somewhere else. With Adobe Revel can I store photo's and then delete them from my internal storage and still have access to them on my iPad?

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Box.net allows much more free space but I find it rather slow too.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts