What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass Mailing ?

jeffturn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a CSV file generated by a database app. I want to take that information and print some mailing labels for a mass mailing.

Any suggestions or leads?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Jeffturn - not sure that you can accomplish ALL of your goals from the iPad alone?

First, you need to get the CSV file onto the iPad and into a program that will allow you to view and manipulate the information; on my iPad 2, I have Numbers & GoodReader which can read those files, Numbers being the iPad equivalent of Excel (so even an *.xls extension would work); the files could be transferred 'wired' or 'wireless' (e.g. I would probably use Dropbox).

Second, once on the iPad and in a program that can display the data, are functions available to format that data into a 'mail label'? And finally, is the iPad capable of 'wireless' printing to mail labels? The first issue is easy, the latter ones are more difficult in my mind, at least w/ the apps that are on my iPad.

But I'll be quite curious if there is an answer using the iPad alone, and hopefully others who may have had this same issue will 'chime in' - good luck!

OP
jeffturn

jeffturn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to produce labels. Unfortuneatly, I had to use my PC to actually print the labels.

I generated a CSV file and stored it in DROPBOX. From there I was able to go to directly to Avery.com and merge the file into the label I needed. PAGES didn't allow for a CSV file to be imported. NUMBERS let the file be imported but each value was placed in a different cell. (not an easy task to lay out in a label format),

There may some other apps that would make the process easier but the DROPBOX worked fine.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow-up - likely the same road that I would have followed - does not appear to be simpler (if not more time consuming) than just using the computer w/ the appropriate software & mailing labels? Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts