What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Suitable Database / Form App

Lstclair55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Looking for some recommendations for the following situation:

I want to create a database on the ipad using some information that is contained with a CSV file that will be e-mailed to the ipad everyday. This will basically have that persons work rota for that day.

During the day they add to this information via a form and once they have finished on a particular part would e-mail it back to the office.

I would like the form to be functional, but also display right. The database would not need to retain the information for the next day and we would need to delete the entries from the previous day before importing the next CSV file in the morning.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have looked at something like tap forms hd, but you cannot adjust the layout of the forms, which is a bit of a bugger.

Kilgore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that your best solution for this type of high usage scenario would be a full blown database developed in FileMaker and accessed via FileMaker Go on the ipad. You can use scripting and screen layout tools to provide a truly customized experience, but the biggest advantage is that the data syncing could be automated. In fact, if you have 3G iPads, the data could be accessed live - no need to wait until the end of the day to see what the remote users have accomplished.

However, if you want to use the method that you outlined, Numbers should be a workable solution. You can use the Form option to work with your data. The worksheet could be sent out, updated during the day and mailed back at the end of day.

Hope this helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts