What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marketing

shophia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you do marketing for your application then social media is the best way to you. First of all create Twitter account for your application, and locate the movers and shakers in your niche industry, and try to make a connection. Create a Videos app, Videos are the easy and perfect method to show people how cool your application is. Create your own blog or article and publish it.

cshmee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reviews are a key item I'd say, you should send your app out to any review site you can big or small, and then hope you get a few nibbles. Doesn't even have to be a full review, sometimes you can get a little blurb out on your game. Your game actually being good is important there too since bad reviews probably aren't going to help your cause.

shophia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whether you are just regarding to release your app, or your application has previously been out and you need to get better your marketing for it, it's a better thought to think about who is probable to be using your app. Market your own website , not your app store pages. Create custom app store links using on your own website. Make in app marketing.

mokool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.mokoolapps.com
Do as much as you can
- Review Sites (100's out there)
- keywords (app store optimization)
- Press Release (PR Mac)
- Video
- Social Media
- Your own website.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do as much as you can
- Review Sites (100's out there)
- keywords (app store optimization)
- Press Release (PR Mac)
- Video
- Social Media
- Your own website.

Yes, but please remember that each site has its own set of Forum Guidelines set up. So best to know what you can and can't post to ensure that your are posting within the guidelines of that Site.

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad using iPF

mokool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.mokoolapps.com
100% right, you have to respect sites.

Yes, but please remember that each site has its own set of Forum Guidelines set up. So best to know what you can and can't post to ensure that your are posting within the guidelines of that Site.

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad using iPF

sbvstudios

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One piece of advice if you're thinking to submit to "big review sites"... Unless you're a big company, you will have an impossible time to get those big review to review your games. Hate to sound cynical or pessimistic. I would start small and work your way up, especially if you're a small time indie dev like most of us.

PerrySoft

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or you can create something "controversial" and everyone will write about it :)

Dragon32

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My biggest rule of marketing is "do early stuff"... don't wait until your game is finished. Work on marketing from day 1 if you can. Even when your app is approved by Apple hold back the release. Send promos to reviewers and carefully orchistrate for your release day.
This is great advice. Essentially create some hype.
You can create hype so much easier these days with social media. Your friends and your friends' friends are your allies.
I would also suggest having a web page dedicated to your game.
Your web page can be your target for social media from which you can invite people to visit the app store.
You alo get to provide better descriptions and more screenshots / movies than you can on the app store.

Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts