What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Marketing

Obg1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are many methods, if you have enough $ you can use PR companies,
but for indie developers the best way is using Youtube, Social networks and forums like this one :)
I've just release my game today, and I hope my marketing will succeed as this is as important as development!
Good luck!

Crissy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.goodscool.net
no matter what, you need money,work hard, get someone help, and developing, now a internation company is easy than other,
best wishes for you!

ipaddeveloper888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get a better idea of who your customers are. This will help you decide how to craft messages that appeal to them and help you locate them. Give serious thought to your keywords so your app turns up in more searches. Think about your app description. Make it informative and exciting but leave out just enough information that the potential customer has to buy in order to satisfy their curiosity.

elmyn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm finishing my game and I'm gonna give some free codes in exhange for feedbacks.
Then after improving it fully I will try social media marketing.
I also heard that it's good to invest in PR comanies and ad-sense (but You should have at least 10000$ to make app visible)

harkal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My biggest rule of marketing is "do early stuff"... don't wait until your game is finished. Work on marketing from day 1 if you can. Even when your app is approved by Apple hold back the release. Send promos to reviewers and carefully orchistrate for your release day.

pundoraTeam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My biggest rule of marketing is "do early stuff"... don't wait until your game is finished. Work on marketing from day 1 if you can. Even when your app is approved by Apple hold back the release. Send promos to reviewers and carefully orchistrate for your release day.

:) nice.

Olga_AR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mobile apps marketing is a complex system, and you need to pay attention all of its aspects. As already mentioned above, it is never too early to start your marketing campaign.
- Set up your corporate pages in social networks;
- Create Youtube account and fill it with promo-videos;
- Utilize forums;
- Get in touch with reviewers and bloggers to get your app covered;
- Communicate with your audience;
- If budget allows, start an advertising campaign.

Cevil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also a catchy and good name is good to promote it, make it short.
Bloggers can also promote it, I think a lot of people search for good apps on blogs.
There are also mobile apps marketing companies like http://madvertise.com/en/
If you don't have yet the money just try to promote it on your own.
Good luck!

RockyMonster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a lot of good advice above.
I would add that it is important to plan out your marketing. As others have said start looking at how you are going to market the app from very early on in your development. You need to think how your product fills a customers need. That will define how you will market your product, as you can state with asking yourself a simple question of why would they use it then from there move to looking at (if you can afford it) ad space to target which will hit your demographic and target audience.
Hope that helps a little.

smuorfy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
send ans many review request as you can, i'll help if you get your app reviewd.

dreamerdonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You don't tell us what kind of developer you are. Are you a indie developer or a you work for big shot developer company ?? What is your current financial condition ?? I am asking this because right now I am in the middle of same kind of problem. This problem is much bigger for me because I work in an indie developer group. Our current financial condition is not that good. If you have enough money and don't have any financial crisis like us so you can easily go to a PR company as many people already suggest you. They have various kind of marketing packages and one precaution about this, you have to choose wisely. Because those package are pretty much costly. You also have to launch a campaign about your apps on social media like Facebook, Twitter, Flicker and so on. Participate as many forum as you can. This is very important. Because you can find many potential customer on forum and there are many forum like this one who give extra privilege for developer and also have a section where you can promote your apps. And another thing I should add, try to target your audience. Its pretty much important. Suppose you develop an apps which publish all kind of business related news. Only businessman and wall-street people will like your apps but its no use for a teenager. And one of the most important thing is try to be innovative. Don't be a copycat.

peterjonh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mobile apps marketing is a complex system, and you need to pay attention all of its aspects. Good luck

Most reactions

Latest posts