What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major Mail Issue (incorrect order)

goldpig

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to buy a drink for any kind (and smart) soul who can fix the follow issue I am having. I have searched the forum and web without luck...

I moved from using POP to IMAP. As POP was deleting pretty much all my messages on the server, they were being saved just on my iMAC so when I moved over to IMAP - I decided to move them from that mailbox (on the computer) - over to the Secureserver online where all messages are stored. This worked out OK but the issue is that the iPad, unlike my computer - can not put the messages in the order they were actually received. Instead it just orders them by the time/ day that they were moved onto the server. This is in spite of each message saying the actual time it was received! When I login directly to the mail account via Safari, they are all in the correct order as well so it appears to be just the iPad with the issue. This seems really counter-intuitive and I can't really use my email on the iPad when every message is being shown as from yesterday regardless of when it was received..

What can I do to just access my mail on the iPad in the correct chronological order?

stag81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm suffering from the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

JPL1964

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm suffering from the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?
I have had same problem when moving old mails to a new folder to useas an archive. Irealise I can solve the problem ( but not improve the app) by copying the e mails again to a new folder, so that this time the move date/time order will be roughly the same as the receive order. Not ideal, but it is a work around!

Most reactions

Latest posts