What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't send e-mails to trash

lswhitega

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I try to delete an e- mail I get a pop up message saying "the message cannot be moved to the mailbox "trash". Consequently, nothing is deleted and my inbox gets very crowded. I probably have something wrong in settings, but I don't know what it is.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What type of account do you have (Google, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc)?

Depending on the type of account, you may be able to dig down into the advanced settings and find out (and change) where your emails go when deleted. The Advanced settings move around a bit (or may not be available) with different account types.

Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select your accound and dig down a bit by tapping fields that have arrows to the right of them.

Good Luck.

Merk13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a similiar probpem with IMAP email, go into your Advanced settings for each account and change where the deleted items go and then change it back to the Trash, should sort it out for you.

Most reactions

Latest posts