What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mailbox Comes to iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]
Mailbox.JPG

AppleInsider reports today that the popular Gmail-based iOS email app, Mailbox, has now been updated by developer Orchestra, who have just released an iPad-specific version. Orchestra announced the news on their official blog, saying , “You asked, we listened. Mailbox is now available for iPad, so you can swipe your way to inbox zero on all your iOS devices.” Unfortunately for owners of older iPads, the app requires iOS 6 to run, however. Mailbox is popular because it makes your Gmail inbox a lot more user-friendly. According to the app’s iTunes blurb, features include being able to scan a whole conversation at once by organising it chat-style, and the ability to “snooze” your emails to read later with just one tap, meaning that they will automatically reappear in your inbox again once you’ve dealt with your current priority. Unfortunately the app is only compatible with Gmail at present, but Orchestra says that it is working on other versions. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Click here to download the free app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mailbox/id576502633?mt=8[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source:[/FONT] Mailbox for iOS gains native iPad compatibility
Mailbox - Put Email In Its Place

Last edited:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I joined the queue to buy mailbox when it was first released. There were 764,000 users ahead of me. Finally I was granted the ok to down load the iPhone version. Without question in my opinion this is one of the best mail apps available. It has limitations on what mail servers you can use so I suggest looking at the reviews first. The iPad version is just better as one has a bigger screen to view mail. I love the folders

image-316493051.jpg

I sync with Gmail so using the same program on both is great. If you have another mail program on your phone it still shows the folders

In all a great mail client. 5 stars from me

Last edited by a moderator:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, Col for the info and your thoughts on this mailbox app! I haven't yet DL'd it, but will read the reviews first as you suggested!

Last edited:

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Veeery nice app. Faster mail management, very easy to use, simple yet elegant UI. Definitely takes the cake over the stock Mail.app. Considering that we're using Google at work as it is, I'm not complaining about the Google-only support at the moment~

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've downloaded it. It has nice features, but there is one big downside so far as I can see at present.

I use labels in gmail to keep emails in a folder system. Mailbox doesn't use labels and folders.

The feature may be there, but I cannot find it!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

EDIT: - Extra comments. I like the snooze feature. I'm unsure about the lists feature. I think the archive area contains the labelled emails. I need to double check that. The App is great for dealing with emails in the in box.

Last edited:

danclarete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
conferencecentral.net.au
Oh well, that's so interesting and so great. It's now time to update my IOS, well thanks for the info as I'm not aware of it to be honest. All I know is it's great to know that Mailbox is now upgraded to something better. I'm okay with that!

imini011213

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've downloaded it. It has nice features, but there is one big downside so far as I can see at present.

I use labels in gmail to keep emails in a folder system. Mailbox doesn't use labels and folders.

The feature may be there, but I cannot find it!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

EDIT: - Extra comments. I like the snooze feature. I'm unsure about the lists feature. I think the archive area contains the labelled emails. I need to double check that. The App is great for dealing with emails in the in box.

I have mailbox and I use it with a gmail address. Mailbox created it's own folders in my gmail account. there were several. Sorry I don't remember the names. So if you use gmail you can find the newly created folders and move the emails into the folder you want.

Most reactions

Latest posts