What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail problems

EmilyD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had quite a few problems with the mail feature recently:

1. Emails refusing to send. It stalls for five minutes, and then I receive a notice that a copy has been placed in my outbox. This just happened today and I tried restarting and rebooting as suggested in other threads, but the message still didn't send. I can tell this wasn't a bigger problem with my mail client since I managed to get the content on my PC through dropbox and copy it into a new message, which did send, and I could read my new mail fine. (usually when I have these problems, I can save a draft and send it from another computer, but today I couldn't even do that.)

2. I tried to delete that message that wouldn't send from my outbox, once I'd sent a copy through other means, but it kept reappearing.

3. Emails going missing after I move them to a different folder. They don't show up in Trash, they just vanish and I never see them again. Additionally, sometimes the move seems to fail-- the message reappears in its original folder, or I get an error message. And sometimes "unsent" mails eventually send (i know because I get replies), and sometimes the recipient says they even got multiple copies, but these mails never show in my sent folder so I lose them.

4. This is more of a minor annoyance, but at times the text of an e-mail in the reply window becomes oddly formatted, so that I have to scroll horizontally and can't see all of what I'm typing.

Last edited:

Most reactions