What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail problems

funkyone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far my experience with iPad has been less than good. The problem I have is getting mail. After syncing with mail accounts I was able to receive some e-mails, but not all. I also noticed that the receiving mail icon on the lower left of the mail page never quit spinning. So after reading some internet content it was advised to delete the current mail account and re-sync the original account again after rebooting the iPad. Now when I re-sync I get a notice that the mail account cannot be re-synced because it is in use.
What gives?
Any help would be appreciated.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Tell us what kind of mail provider you are using. That will help us come up with an answer. If you are lucky someone else uses the same provider and will have a ready answer for you.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to clarify a little further, do you mean that you can receive some but not all email from a *single* ISP? Or do you have multiple email accounts and ISPs and mean that some work OK and others don't?

Additionally, have you always had this problem, or is it something new?

The 'stock' answer to fixing these problems and many other unexplained or unusual 'issues', is to completely turn the iPad off (rather than simply putting it to sleep, which is the normal way most people 'turn it off) and then restart it. This seems to cure a whole raft of 'issues'. Even Apple recommend that you do this once a week (so I've been told).

I'm sure you know how to *completely* turn the iPad off (press *and hold* the power button). It may not work, but it's an easy first step to solving problems.

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For the mail in use problem, it is possible your ISP doesn't allow multiple log-ins. That is pretty common with POP accounts. This will probably time out by itself. If it doesn't try going to your mail via the web and see if you can log in that way. Log out when you are done. Then go back to the iPad and check. This might reset things.

After that, contact your ISP and explain your problem to them. They should be able to reset your login, and provide you with the correct parameters for your account on the iPad.

That's it for my ideas at the moment.

Powering off/on, like Tim suggested, is also a good idea. If that does not work there is one other fix all, the soft reset. Hold down the home and power key until the Apple logo appears. This will take 10 to 15 seconds. Once it appears let go and wait for the iPad to finnish rebooting. This will take a bit longer than turning the power off then on, so be patient.

Most reactions